Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dream Vacation day 7/8 - Milan (pt 5)/ back to Toulouse

Across from the Duomo sat a little gelatteria. Even though we'd just had a huge meal, neither Ross nor I wanted to leave Milan without another gelatto experience. A girl had just finished sweeping the shop when we entered. My boyfriend and I gestured awkwardly in order to secure tastes of the ones we thought we might order. I was busy tasting a dark chocolate when I heard a very odd sound, the sound of breaking glass. It didn't immediately register that the sound had come from a few feet away. I thought more so that something in the back of the store had broken or a bottle had been broken outside. No, no such luck. I glanced over to Ross to find him staring at the ground. My eyes traveled downward....downward...THE RISOTTO! All over the just cleaned floor the risotto contents and shards of glass were mixed together. Ross apologized. I laughed and laughed. He laughed. He offered to clean up the mess. We apologized, purchased our gelatto, then left the store. A last couple of minutes spent admiring the Duomo, then it was back to our lovely hotel in order to get some sleep for the early morning to soon arrive.

Of course the next morning was early. We had a full day of travel ahead of us. Ross isn't as easy in the mornings, but his slow self and my need for more time to pack and get ready meant that we met for breakfast at the same time. I discovered that I loved the swiss-like cheese the hotel had set out wrapped around thin slices of salami. I made two little cheese/salami sandwiches while Ross opted for fruit. Onto the metro. Onto the train. I don't really remember the first leg of the train ride. I slept with my back against Ross and my knees up in the seat against the window. The next leg was similar to the experience we'd had coming to Italy. We ate sandwiches in a little cafe inside the next train station which was nice, but standing for half of the next Train ride until some seats opened up was not so nice. Finally we were back in France for the third leg of the trip. I'm glad Ross was keeping up with our transportation because I was tired and needed to study for final exams the next day (Monday) at Le Mirail. While we waited in some French train station for our last leg we play madlibs and people watched. He and I also opted for more sandwiches to take on the train for dinner. The last leg was equally spent between crosswords together and me studying for exams while Ross zoned out to his Ipod. We arrived in Toulouse too late for any restaurants or any more studying. Early to bed then early to rise for me the next day. Ross and I made plans for him to visit Le Miral at lunch time for me to show him my school and grab a quick bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment