Monday, January 10, 2011

Dream Vacation day 4 - Turin (pt 3)

Dinner was delicious. I took a chance on meat ravioli with a dark, gravy-like sauce and loved it! My portion was small because I'd ordered the appetizer as a meal but my stomach didn't stay empty long due to water, wine, and the dessert later. The waiter we had was friendly and very helpful with some English skill. We tried to end the meal on a dessert of Tiramisu, a dessert Ross adores but which, no matter how much I try, I don't really like past the first bite. I tried the Tiramisu, pushed the plate over to Ross, and ordered my own caramel flan. After lingering over our finished meal a bit longer talking and enjoying the laid-back atmosphere of the restaurant we shook hands with the waiter who'd become something of an old-friend during the time and stepped out into the cold.
Around the plaza Ross and I took a stroll. I don't know what he was thinking about but I was trying to commit to memory the day and the beautiful surroundings. Turin was quickly becoming one of my favorite European cities aside from Paris, Aix, and Toulouse. The night was calm and pretty but cold. After a while strolling and chatting, Ross and I finished our night back at the hotel devouring our chocolates bought at Stratta earlier in the day. We talked over the things we just 'had' to see before our train to Milan the next day. I was impressed we'd fit so much into the day, but was thankful for my feet that the next day included sitting on a train. The chocolates were appreciated, the next day planned, and sleep found.

No comments:

Post a Comment