Sunday, April 3, 2011

LONDON !!!

London was beyond fantastic!!!

[I have to admit that I was nervous to travel by myself. I'm completely competent BUT you hear stories you know of American girls abroad who are too friendly, too open...who end up with more regrets than good memories about their experiences. However, I'm delighted to say that I traveled tout seul and didn't lose anything or make any unwanted friends or 'misplace' my wallet/passport.]

I've never had the desire to visit London. Really - I'd have rather visited Venice, Paris (again), Luxembourg, Brussels, Greece. Yet, when I realized I had a 5 day weekend, I found myself coming back again and again to London as the ideal destination for a quick trip. Maybe the appeal had to do with the royal wedding coming up. Maybe the appeal grew from my nerves about traveling alone and the comfort I knew I would find in an English speaking country. Perhaps it didn't hurt that EasyJet had great deals roundtrip between Toulouse and London. Whatever the reason, I'm so glad that my tune about London has changed. I LOVE London !

I arrived on a Thursday night, stayed for four days, and flew out at a horrid hour on Tuesday morning (if you could call it morning since it was still dark outside!). Those four days flew by, and I was sincerely sad to leave.

Here are the things I did/saw (I'm going to go ahead and list them so I can just refer back later): Royal Albert Music Hall, Hamley's Toy Store, Buckingham Palace, St. James' Park, Churchill War Rooms, National Art Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, London Eye, Craven Street, Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, Tate Modern Art Museum, Millennium Pedestrian Bridge, Piccadilly Circus, London Tower, Tower Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, HSM Belfast, Stomp @ Ambassador's Theatre, British Museum, Harrod's Department Store, and Wicked @ Apollo Victoria Theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment