Sunday, April 3, 2011

LONDON prt 6

*Stream of consciousness from my two theatre performances STOMP & WICKED*

SO excited to go to see STOMP! It's going to be fifty times better than any drumline or any step show EVER. Okay, but wait, where's the address...oh just great, I forgot to write down the address. Well, I assume everyone in London knows the Ambassador's Theatre. Here we go! Show should start in a little more than an hour...

(and hour of walking and asking later)

How can NO ONE in London know where this theatre is? Why couldn't I have remembered to write down the address? It figures I would know more about texmex in London than theatre....ugh priorities of a southern belle. Okay don't cry. MUST NOT CRY. It's fine if I am late, I'll just... MISS SOME OF THE SHOW?!?! Great, I can feel my cheeks getting all hot and my eyes wanting to tear up. I HATE BEING LATE! Okay let's just ask this Waldorf Hilton doorman. Inside he says. Well now if this huge Italian family would finish their turn with the concierge. Oh no, that was definitely a tear down my face! Must not allow any more escapees. Just awesome, now the Italians are noticing my distress. Well at least I'm finally getting my turn. The show starts in 5 minutes! "Yes Ambassador's Theatre that's right." ARG! There go the water works! Well this is highly embarrassing. "Yes a taxi is best I think, thank you. I'm sorry for the tears, really."
Wow, he just threw his hand in the air and here's a taxi; that was like magic! Oh, good, he's talking to the driver, 'cause I don't think I can explain right now. That was so professional and well taken care of. He's a great concierge.
        As long as I am making a scene, might as well document it right? Ugh. Maybe they'll turn out kind of artsy....














YAY! WE'RE HERE! "Do I look okay?" "Yes, you look lovely my dear." "Thank you. Keep the change."

(seated as the lights dim and the theatre doors are closed)

They are sweeping? THEY ARE SWEEPING! Those beats are SO complex, SO cool! They make it look effortless. What now? Lighters? IT IS LIKE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!! My fingers would get so tired, and no one has missed their turn either. Using lighters with flip tops and the actual flame as a rhythmic/light performance is completely original and completely awesome! Sinks? Surely there's no water in the sinks they are toting around their necks...THEY DO HAVE WATER! AND DISHES! what are they gonna...NO WAY! rhythms on the cups and bowls and sink surfaces! Using the water in the bowls and cups to create different sounds! Okay, what is this one guy going to do now? WE GET TO JOIN IN?! I LOVE CROWD PARTICIPATION! THIS IS SO FUN! Cannot wait to see what the next half brings!

(later after the show is over)




OMG! THAT WAS THE MOST ENTERTAINING, MOST FUN, MOST AMAZING PERFORMANCE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! I was so unbelievably lucky to nab a cheap ticket to that! Gotta see that again someday for sure and take some friends! GAH WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE!


No comments:

Post a Comment