Friday, April 22, 2011

Shopping 2

French girls shop like it's their job! In the stores here they are always waiting in line for the dressing room and for the cash registers, arms loaded with clothes. And, unlike in America where I can shop during the week without much competition, here in France you must arrive when the stores open to have a hope of scoring your correct size and moving about freely. Once lunch time hits, from then until closing, EVERY day of the week, the stores are loaded with french females acting like they are in a race for the new items.

 *This is also one of the reasons I hate shopping; the disorder of clothes all messed up and out of size and color order, added to the inconsiderate other shoppers pushing past me or grabbing the exact item i was reaching for, fatigues me.

I haven't really shopped here (I nabbed 5 new things, all in the same store, close to the end of winter when the sales were starting) so I don't feel guilty for picking up 6 more new things for the summer. I shopped around for a few days, comparing prices and making sure I wasn't going to have buyer's remorse, then I purchased two casual summer dresses, a pair of daring heels, a pair of cute flats, a hippy tank top, and a denim skirt. Oh, and, at the market I finally bought a little, leather, hand made satchel that I have been eyeing since I arrived here in September.

I suppose that I am offically fahionably prepared for when I return in May and have days and days without anything to do but soak up the sun and walk the city enjoying the sites. Well, and I'm more prepared for summer in general.

~Tam in Toulouse

No comments:

Post a Comment