Sunday, April 3, 2011

LONDON prt 7

*stream of consciousness*

Everyone tells me Wicked is amazing...I hope they are right. I'd hate to spend money on this and abhor it. At least I know where this theater is, and thankfully with this later showing, it's in walking distance of the hostel. Okay now if my bus will come...This is going to be so fun, riding a double-decker red, iconic London bus! And it's so much cheaper than the one way metro ticket too! Ah, here's the bus. Up we go. I must do this the proper way and sit on top, up front. Yay! There's the perfect seat!

(bus pulls away from curb and begins drive to Victoria)

We're going to hit that car in front of us. Nope we didn't, but we came within 6 inches. There goes Big Ben! Last time we'll see eachother ole boy! See ya! There goes Westminster. She's really pretty from this height. Oh biker! Watch out driver! Okay the biker is safe; good. This driver is crazy! We almost took out that sign post! Seems like a straight away for a while. "Victoria" Sweet, that was a nice, short ride and now we are here. There's the theatre on the left all lit up in green!

(left bag in cloak room, re-filled water bottle, - found my seat)

Goodness this is way high. I wonder if people will have to pee during the show....I hope not. Emerald City says the glittering backdrop. My middle name is Emerald. I wonder if I could buy something with "Emerald" on it here. Oh wait, no money left. Ah well, probably for the best. Why is there a pterodactyl over the stage? That's just downright odd. Okay gooey love couple to my left and to my right...it's really not necessary to snuggle into each other. My boyfriend is an ocean and half a nation away. Ugh pet names and deeper snuggling. Please let the show start already.

(lights dim and show begins)

This first song...yeah not so into it. Too much, just too much. Galinda looks like Kristen Chinoworth from here but I don't think it's her. Okay I see, it will be a backstory type deal. Alright let's begin then.
...MAN CAN ELFABA SING! geez she has a set of pipes!...... And the songs, minus the first one, are so good! This is less corny than Oklahoma and less dramatic than Les Mis or Phantom...it's just a great balance between humor and serious spots. It really IS good! ...... Gah, now I'm going to be one of those theater nerds who insists on pretending I can sing "defying gravity" or "popular". They are such great songs, how am I supposed to NOT want to sing them? ....
THAT'S IT? The play ends like the movie? THAT SUCKS! ...OH ! OH ! I SEE! They live happily ever after! Awww, well now I just miss my boyfriend - good thing it's bed time and I can just go right to sleep for that 3 am shuttle to the airport ugh kill me now. And clap and clap and clap. They deserve all the hype, this show ROCKS! A last night in London well spent!!!! And now on to MacDonald's for a last Cadbury Macflurry...mmm GREAT LAST NIGHT IN LONDON!


1 comment:

  1. FYI--Kristen Chenowith originated Galinda on Broadway...I found that pretty funny. Also, I wasn't too thrilled with the first song either...but 'Defying Gravity'? Chills. I'm glad you had fun lovey!

    ReplyDelete