Monday, March 14, 2011

Martha's Care Package

You might think that since Ross brought me a ton of stuff from the US that I wouldn't want anything else. Perhaps I would be more excited about eating French things and buying stuff here. Nope, neither is correct. I just...okay I have to admit it...I miss processed American foods and things I know. So, once again, with someone coming to visit I begged for a care package.

Martha kindly brought me the following:

Neutrogena face wash - In my defense I've tried three different face washed that are supposedly fantastic and each has left my face greasy in some spots and dried out in others. I just wanted 'the usual' !

Gummy Vitamins - after I finished off the ones Ross brought I realized I felt better taking vitamins daily. Now I have a huge bottle of dinosaur shaped red, orange, and yellow gummy vitamins ;-)

Poptarts - I just wanted something for breakfast that was bad for me. Yep, not nutritious at all!!! To my delight Martha arrived with S'mores and Frosted Cherry poptarts.

Mac' & Cheese - yes yes THE american comfort food again. The one box that Ross brought gave me so much happiness that I requested THREE from Martha.

Necklace - I didn't ask for it, but I received as a gift a really pretty hand made necklace from Martha with symbolic beads and colors. It's a special reminder of our core group of girlfriends throughout Sewanee. It will remind me when I look at it of all the wonderful times we all shared together and all the love and support we continuously gave to one another.

I think that's everything. I have already eaten the poptarts of course :-P

 I'm really thankful to the Lord for care packages and Martha's visit! I'm super happy to have some things from America again!

~Tam in Toulouse

No comments:

Post a Comment