Saturday, August 21, 2010

Visas 102

After waiting two weeks and a few days I finally have my visa!!! Of course the picture on my shiny, green, overpriced post it - I call it a post it because it is literally a post it sized sticky piece of paper stuck into your passport - is ... less than stellar due to the stress i was under at the visa office (see Visas 101), but I have my official documentation now and will be on my way to France soon. It's been a long long road to this point with lots of rejections, delays, money spent, and misunderstandings. I actually went berserk for a moment when I pulled the visa out of the envelope, because now everything is real. All my talk about wine, cheese, pashminas, the beautiful french language (which I seem to be forgetting - wonderful huh? I'm forgetting the language that I am going to semi-grad school for), and the Eiffel tower ... all those comments and memories and desires will begin being realized in a matter of weeks. So, faithful, and not so faithful, readers wish me luck finding cheap airfares and somehow packing all my clothes, books, and belongings for a YEAR into two suitcases. Vive la France!!

No comments:

Post a Comment